Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Letter to Miley Cyrus

Dear Miley,

First of all, I love what you're doing with your hair! It looks awesome, especially in your latest music video: Wrecking Ball . Unfortunately, I have more serious things to address than your hair style.

What is happening with your music videos? They are honestly creeping me out. We Can't Stop is such a catchy song. I've heard several people talk about how they like that song even though they didn't listen to your music before. I love the song, but when I watch this video, I feel very uncomfortable the entire time. Do I really need to watch you trying to make out with a baby doll? What's with the plushy dolls? Taylor Swift already did that, by the way, and it was weird when she did it too.

Now that the Wrecking Ball video is out, I see that you are trying to have a theme of white outfits, and I'm totally fine with that. You look incredible, go for it! Wrecking Ball is a sad and beautiful song. I like it even more than We Can't Stop. The video seems like it's definitely better, UNTIL you start licking a mallet. At that point, no one is enjoying the video or song and we are all just thinking, What? Does this have anything to do with her relationship ending? Swinging on the wrecking ball is a nice touch, and then you're all of a sudden naked. Once again, how does this fit in with a sad song? I'm not opposed to the fact that it's nudity, just that it's happening on a wrecking ball. The close ups of just you in that white room are fine. We as viewers can appreciate you in those shots without saying "Why is she swinging from a wrecking ball wearing only boots?" It doesn't look safe or even sanitary.

I understand that you're trying to get away from your Hannah Montana image. My question is why?? It's been a long time since you've been Hannah Montana. You look nothing like you did then. Your hair is completely different and your style has totally changed.  People who like you now like Miley Cyrus and couldn't care less about when you played Hannah. Please, stop trying to push us away by sexually assaulting inanimate objects.

Sincerely,

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment